By Prad B -
Tips on How to buy a Windows 8 device
It's as Simple as 1 to 5 :-)
1. Visit a MS Store, electronics store or just a search online.
2. Look the specifications. Choose One.
3. Use the ATM or your credit card. Verify if the site is safe and secured/certified.
4. Make the payment. Unbox once you receive it. Read the manual if required.
5. Don't judge, don't compare, relax. Windows 8 is cool. Happy Windowing !
Extra Things to keep in Mind
1. Is it on Sale? - Don't buy stuffs just because it's on SALE. Buy if you need it. If you don't, shut your brains, save your money !
2. Looking for a new gadget: If you are looking for a new Phone/Tablet or a Laptop, Windows 8 is here. If you are a smart tablet buyer, buy the surface. Why choose Windows 8 over MAC or the iPhone? Read this article on How Windows 8 eats the other half of apple (The reasons behind why Windows 8 is better than iOS). If you are looking for the best Windows tablet, wait for the upcoming Surface versions with Windows 8 Pro on Intel X86 processors which will hit the store shelves soon.
3. But He/She has an iPhone 5 or other brands: Wait a minute ! Every one doesn't drive a Honda or a BMW. Buy what you need, why you need and what fits your needs. Don't think, don't compare.
4. Don't ask stupid questions to the Salesman: Does windows phone have a camera?, And does it have a front facing camera too?, Can i watch Youtube?, I use fb a lot and i hope this phone has it, How about Skype, Netflix and Need for Speed? Every phone has it. Those are just the basic apps and it's not Windows or Android or Apple that build these Apps. It's the particular company that creates one for these devices. Every one is on the race, the rat race to keep their apps available and up to date on all these new gadgets Windows, Android or Apple. If they don't, they loose their business.
5. But Apple or Android has more apps. I heard it. So I don't like Windows 8 :-( : Windows 8 is new in town. Though it already has 150,000 + Apps and since it's going to be one of the most popular Mobile OS, the app store will have tremendous apps in the coming days. And, all those basic and productivity apps are already there, just search and download it to your gadget.
Most of the people don't even know why they own a device they are holding in their pants right now. Most of them buy what others buy. I am not insisting you to buy a Windows Phone or the Surface. I am not paid to write this. It is your decision. Buy what fits your need. For me, what I need is Windows 8 coz I am used to Windows since I started computing/surfing and it provides all my needs from daily surfing to productivity, from MS Word, Excel, Metro Apps to the desktop interface. It's the next thing close to what I call 'Awesome'. Happy Windowing. And yes, no doubt - I am a Windows fan!
"According to a survey on the internet, Most of the Apple users (more than 90%) get an Apple product just to show that they can afford one :-). "